Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Touch of Fall




Here is a peek at fall. I got these lovely things at Michael's, while visiting Amber in Flagstaff last week. What a time we had! We visited the Riordan Mansion, which I highly recommend to anyone. A 1904 Arts and Crafts mansion with Stickley furniture and beautiful stained glass. What a treat! Also got in a bunch of shopping and of course some beautiful new Dolce Merino yarn, at Purl in the Pines yarn shop. I can't wait to get started on something special with this yarn. As I'm writing this, Steve is cutting the last of the hay. A perfect day for cutting, warm and sunny. Annie, my dog is frantically guarding the house from this crazy machine that is going back and forth on "her" field and scaring the poop out of her!

But back to my trip. I got to see Morgan and Lorilee and their precious children, and even got to sit in on a sonagram of Morgan's new baby. Try as we might, we couldn't figure out the sex of the little one, but she is going in next Tuesday, so we will just have to wait. Lorilee tried so hard to find out, on her husband's sonigram machine in his Dr. office, but no luck.

Morgan is a fantastic cake decorator, and blessed us with the most scrumptious cupcakes I've ever tasted! They were pumpkin with a cream cheese frosting and a pumpkin cream filling. I am getting the recipe and will pass it on to all of you. It rates right up there with the macadamia muffins I posted! Super yum! More on my trip later.....

1 comment:

Aunt Jenny said...

Hi Lindy! I finally am able to look at your blog...couldn't get down the stairs to the computer for about 6 weeks with my foot. I just love the colors you are using in your creations! I wish just a drop of your creativity had landed on me!