Monday, September 29, 2008

My ladies club............





Do you long to be appreciated, loved and yes, even worshiped? Do you expect something in return for your time and devotion? No, I'm not talking about raising children. My answer...get some chickens! If you give them lots of attention and holding while they are chicks, you can expect a fan club that will never let you down. And the rewards? Clucks, coos, love pecks and EGGS!!!! I have wanted to raise chickens since I was 16. Don't ask me why, but they just fascinate me. For very little effort, I get fresh eggs each morning, more than enough to share. At the moment I have 3 old biddies, still laying and nine young hens which are just starting to lay. Their eggs are still small, but it won't be long before they will be big, fine eggs. I raise Bard Rock hens. They lay brown eggs that are very strong. I have raised other breeds, but the eggs are puny and break easily. I will be sharing lots of chicken stories in the weeks to come. Mostly about my overcoming the sight of chicken feet, to the point where I can actually pick them up. Even the dead ones! How I have blossomed into a poultry primadonna! Anyway, you are all invited to come see the girls, anytime you want.

No comments: