Friday, October 3, 2008

The perfect date........







How often do you get to have the perfect date REAllY? If you're like us, maybe once every three months. Well, this was the perfect date, good enough to qualify for about five years. Today Steve took me up to Telluride to see the leaves. Now in most years past, (like almost every year past) we either hit it too early and see green aspen, or too late and see bare trees. I don't know why we have such luck, but in general we do. Not today. Today we had a magical time from the moment we left the house. Steve has been up to Teluride a lot, what with manager retreats and such. He stays at his boss's condo. So he knows the ropes. We had an amazing ride up,even tho it was kinda stormy. From Dolores on it was gorgeous, and Telluride was just amazing. I kept looking for a sign that said "This way to Oprah's mansion". Steve knew all the in's and out's of the place. the free gondola rides from Mountain Village over to Telluride, even where to park! I was so impressed! We had a great lunch and then I found some pretty aspen leaf earrings to commemorate the day. I also got some good shots of Wilson Peak, a fourteener that Steve and his Brother Phil climbed back in the early 90's. My gosh, I'm glad I didn't know they were on something so steep. Yikes! Anyway, this was a great day and I got to rub elbows with the rich and famous as well as the maintenance folks. I did find that every local there owns a dog. Dogs were every where. Lucky dogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindy - I can't remember ANY date that didn't involve a softball field! A perfect date to me would be a softball game in a town with a good craft store. You have got it made!