Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Simply the Best!

These muffins rock!!!! I know I'm 55 and am not supposed to talk like my kids, but they honestly do! I've never tasted any better. They are really good when they are warm out of the oven and gooey with the drizzle:

White Chocolate Macadamia Muffins

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup white chips
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Glaze:

1/2 cup white chips
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

In a bowl, conbine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chips and nuts.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

For glaze, in a small microwave safe bowl, melt chips with cream. stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm muffins.

To die for!!!!!! Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drooled down my shirt just reading the recipe !!!!

Anonymous said...

I drooled down my shirt just reading the recipe !!!

Amber said...

I bought my ingredients and I am making them tomorrow!!!! I will let you know......

Anonymous said...

So how did they turn out? I'm trying to lose 15 pounds before My Scotty and I get sealed in the Temple Tomorrow and I only have 1.4 pounds left to go by 1:20 tommorrow. Do I dare take a chance and try and eat only one? What do you think????????